Have you ever thought about growing your own delicious mushrooms at home but don't know where to begin? This workshop is for you!
Join mycologist Ben Dion for a hands-on class on home-scale gourmet culinary and medicinal mushroom growing. Ben is founder of the Southwest Florida Mycological Society and is a respected mushroom cultivation and foraging teacher.
NOTE: This presentation and workshop is designed for beginners with no prior knowledge or experience.
Ben will introduce you to the amazing world of fungi, focusing on gourmet and medicinal mushroom species that can be grown at home with minimal investment. This workshop will cover:
- Planning, budgeting, and buying supplies
- Building a lab and lab equipment
- Building indoor and outdoor grow rooms, greenhouses, and grow boxes
- Sterilization and pasteurization of media and substrates
- Performing lab work (petri dishes, grain jars, liquid cultures)
- Inoculating straw logs, sawdust blocks, and hardwood logs with live mushroom mycelium
- Fruiting mushrooms and harvesting
All participants will receive a 5-pound Oyster Mushroom Grow Kit (a $15 value) and a copy of Ben's latest Mushroom Farming Resource Guide, which will include directions on how to produce and harvest mushrooms from the grow kit.
Tickets $45. Register below at Eventbrite.